- DON'T BAIL: Denial makes it harder to think and act clearly.
- DON'T PRESSURE HER: It's better to work together as a team.
- DON'T FORGET: You are equally responsible for this situation. Try to hear her thinking and communicate your own
- LISTEN: The situation involves more than just you. There are now three lives to consider.
- STAY CALM: She may be carrying the baby, but you are BOTH parents, and regardless of your relationship in the future, that baby needs you.
- TALK ABOUT IT: Trying to hide the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress.
- GATHER ALL THE FACTS: Seek wise counsel to make healthy choices that will impact all lives for the best.
- EXPRESS YOURSELF HONESTLY: Feelings of anger, frustration and fear are normal but must be managed to prevent harm to self or others.
- Contact Us - You are Not Alone.
- We offer Men’s Parenting Classes that will help you in your preparation for fatherhood.